Return of Arms and Accoutrements &c. of the 88th Regiment of Foot lost & Taken During The Course of the last Campaign. Signed by Archibald McNab, Major of the 88th Regiment. Original manuscript, oblong 8 x 12 inches, complete, neatly ruled, folds, in very good clean condition. Lindrich [? Hanover], 9 January 1762. A record of the Firelocks, Bayonets, Swords, Sword belts, Cartridge Boxes, Slings, Halberts, Drums, Knapsacks and Plaids, either “Lost by Men killed & taken in the Different Actions”, or “Taken by the Enemy with the Sick men in the Hospital Waggons”, or “Lost by Desertion”. The 88th Regiment of Foot (Highland Volunteers), or Campbell’s Highlanders, was a Scottish infantry regiment, formed in 1760 and disbanded in 1763. The regiment was raised at Argyll, Perth, Inverness, Ross and Sutherland by Colonel John Campbell of Dunoon in January 1760 out of a cadre taken from the 87th Foot. The regiment was moved to Germany that year, where it fought at the Battle of Warburg in July 1760 and the Battle of Villinghausen in July 1761. It returned to Scotland from the continent in late 1762, and was disbanded at Linlithgow in July 1763. Maj.-Gen. Archibald Macnab (d. 1790) was the son of Robert Macnab of that Ilk, 14th Chief. He fought in the Battle of Prestonpans in 1745, where he was taken prisoner.1 He becamef Major in 1759 in the Campbell’s (88th) Highlanders, and fought in the Battle of Vellinghausen in July 1761, where he was wounded.