DOUGLASS, Sir James Nicholas. 14039

£65

Description

Autograph Letter Signed, to Conrad Cook, sending copies of parts 1 and 2 of the Trinity House Report on Lighthouse Illuminants. A good one page example, 7 x 4½ inches, fine. Trinity House, London, 13 November 1885. Sir James Nicholas Douglass (1826-1898), engineer, chief engineer to Trinity House, famous for the construction of the new Eddystone Lighthouse (1878-1882), for which he was knighted.