Autograph Letter Signed ‘William Cubitt’, extending an invitation to “a few of the people in the Ward to dine here on St. Thomas day”.. 2 pp. 7 x 4 inches, fine. Mansion House, 13 December 1860. William Cubitt (1791-1863), politician and engineering contractor [not Sir William Cubitt, the engineer]. William Cubitt built the portico and the original station buildings at Euston. He was also responsible for the reclaiming and development of Cubitt Town in the Isle of Dogs.